Across The Pond, It’s “Gaffa” Tape

Pro Gaffer Gaffers Tape From TheTapeworks.comGaffers tape is known and used world wide when hands on showbiz techs need a strong tape with an adhesive that comes up clean.  There is no substitute.

However, there does appear to be a substitute name.  The British (some Americans, too) call this product “gaffa’ tape.

Regardless of the actual spelling of the name, the root comes from a British slang term for grandfather.  The term came into use in the early days of film when the crew that handled heavy lighting and electrical equipment came to be known as gaffers .

Click here to learn the whole story.
Voice 866-386-8335
Fax 800-327-6651

Harrison Bros. Inc.
47 North Chatham Pkwy.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517